Thursday, October 2, 2008

To market, to market

This little piggy went to market to buy something for dinner.
Here’s what I purchased:
· box of cupcakes for my DD’s lunch $ 3.79
· 2 bananas – $.47

· package of six chicken legs - $2.97
2 loaves of bread @ $2.59 each

Wanna know how much I paid? Ready? Wait for it…wait for it
My total was $1.60! I know, right!! Here’s how I did it.

I used my grocery store club card, of course. That took .63 off of the chicken and gave me one of the loaves of bread for free (they were BOGO with a club card). I also had a manufacturer’s coupon, which gave me the cupcakes for free. Last, but not least, I had a store coupon for $5.00 off your next shopping order, which I held on to and used for this trip.

So let that be a lesson to you! When used correctly, a coupon is a terrible thing to waste!

Are you a frugal shopper? Have you gotten a great steal or deal? Let me know! I'd love to bask in your shopping awesomeness!!!
I'm reading: To market, to marketTweet this!

0 comments:

 
Send Happy New Year to a friend. This site is listed under Debt Directory Blog Directory Subscribe My Feed Blog Directory