Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cha-ching! I did it again.

I went to the market today. I purchased a family pack of chicken drumsticks and a gallon of Turkey Hill Diet Green tea. My total? 1.06

Here’s how I did it: The chicken was 4.75, but with my store club card, the price was $3.80. The tea was (gasp!) full price at $2.25 – but that price is WAY cheaper than any other market in the area. My total came to 6.05. Here’s where the magic happens. I had a coupon for $5.00 off your shopping total. So, boys and girls, my grand total was $1.06.

Here’s the lesson: 9 times out of 10, coupons are more effective when used for smaller items or items that are least expensive. Sure, I could have used the $5.00 off coupon when I do my big grocery shopping. $5.00 off a $50.00 order – okay. $5.00 off a $6.00 total…priceless.


Are you a frugal shopper? Share the secrets of your success with the rest of us!
I'm reading: Cha-ching! I did it again.Tweet this!

0 comments:

 
Send Happy New Year to a friend. This site is listed under Debt Directory Blog Directory Subscribe My Feed Blog Directory